What kind of a fool comes to school in the holidays? In my case, it's the kind of fool who's teaching a film-making summer school at Hadley Learning Community. For reasons which may or may not be interesting, I do a fair amount of educational work in Telford schools, and for jobs of two or more days I am faced with a decision: to commute or to stay over, that is the question. If I commute then I spend at least two hours a day driving, if I stay over then it's time away from my family, which I don't much enjoy.
This week, for the first time, I am attempting to have my cake and eat it. Moving the family to Ironbridge for a 'working holiday'. They'll be able to enjoy exploring the area while I work during the day, and in the evening I'll have a very short drive home.
My co-worker on this summer school is the 24/7 working powerhouse that is Richard Shrewsbury. Trombone player with the Destroyers and arts in education consultant, who has just arrived and ordered coffee. Gotta work!
No comments:
Post a Comment