My first experience of working in my own children's school. Interesting. I'm not sure if I'm being treated as a parent or as a practitioner. Probably because I'm not sure which I am being.
The project idea fits in with a seaside theme and the end product is a video depicting beach scenes of the past present and future, designed to be shown across the school's three adjacent big screens.
This was a non-stop day in which I filmed all three, year-two classes in groups of one to six. The pupils had a very exciting day, dressing up and waiting for their turn to come down to the hall to be filmed. They'd show me their planned scene, then I'd have to figure out how to make it work within the constraints of the ten-foot wide green screen.
Like many parent, I don't hear much from my children about what they do at school. Today at least I knew what one of them was doing. For fifteen minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment